A small update was released on the 16th of August allowing Counter Strike: Global Offensive players to revert back to the old menu before the Panorama update. The Panorama update changed the look of the graphical user interface throughout the entire game but mostly within the main menu, player created lobbies and the score board while playing. This feature though is only available for a limited time though so if you prefer the old layout you better use it now while you can.
How to change back to the old menu (with Photo’s)
- First open the Steam application, this is where you you usually launch Counter Strike: Global Offensive from if you don’t use a shortcut.
- If you don’t have it open by default select the Library tab up the top where your games are located.
- Locate Counter Strike: Global Offensive within your Library. Right click it and select properties
- Select “Set Launch Options”.
- In the box that popped up type “-legacyscaleformui” just like the picture below.
- Launch the game and enjoy the old menu and user interface.
Update Notes for 20/08/2018
- Panorama UI is now enabled by default on all platforms.
- If you are run into or are having issues with the Panorama UI you are encouraged to email CSGOTeamFeedback@valvesoftware.com with the subject line of #PanoramaUI.
- The old user interface is available to be used for a limited time by setting “-legacyscaleformui” within the games launch option.
- There has been a slight increase in maximum audible distance of the fire sound for the MP5-SD.
- Shooting the MP5-SD no longer makes Chickens run for away.
- The command “playgamesound” is now cheat protected in the console.