A feature that has been requested since the release of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive has finally come with the latest update. Unranked matches, also known as scrimmage maps can now be located on the right hand side of the competitive section of the official match making. Even though it’s suppose to replicate a competitive match it allows players of any skill group to queue together, solving an extremely annoying problem when friends want to play with different skill levels.
The three maps that you’re able to try out in scrimmage currently are:
Ruby was originally in the competitive map pool however moved into the unranked scrimmage maps in the latest update. The two new maps have also been added to the causal defusal group sigma. Vertigo also received multiple updates listed below:
- New approach to B site
- Removed “rafters” around B site entrance
- Offset HVAC units on B site, numbered them
- Added a way to throw utility into B site without being exposed
- Removed one-way drop down elevator shaft
- Added ladder-room near elevator shaft, connects up to mid chokepoint, allows utility towards A
- Moved bridge over elevator shaft
- Moved T spawns further back
- Widened utility hole in T corridor to mid
- Made jump up on scaffolding at back of A easier
- Widened door at back of A
- Various minor bug fixes
You’re able to find the full release notes for patch release 7/31/2019 on the official counter-strike blog.