The 2019 Berlin StarLadder Major is set to start August 23rd and go until September 8th. With most Majors Counter-Strike: Global Offensive has added a viewer pass that people can purchase to gain some nice perks.
It costs US$9.99 for the stand alone Viewer pass or US$17.99 for the stand alone including 3 souvenir tokens. You can purchase the passes in game or on Steam in the link below. Additionally team stickers and signature capsules can be purchased inside the game.
|Name||Viewer Pass (In Game Purchase)||Viewer Pass + 3||Souvenir Token (In Game Purchase)|
|Features||Berlin 2019 Coin||Berlin 2019 Coin||1 Souvenir Token|
|Berlin 2019 Coin Challenges||Berlin 2019 Coin Challenges|
|Berlin Pick’Em Challenge||Berlin Pick’Em Challenge|
|Team Graffiti||Team Graffiti|
|Steam.tv Flair||Steam.tv Flair|
|3 Souvenir Tokens|
All of these purchases help out as half of the purchase prices goes into the teams and organizations pockets. Make sure you select the right viewer pass though as you cannot activate more than one, even if you buy the the one with souvenirs.
Right clicking on your Berlin 2019 coin lets you see what challenges you need to complete, selection of your Pick’Em, select your unlimited use graffiti while the tournament is on.
This year there are 4 coins, Bronze, Silver, Gold and Diamond.
|Coin||Challenges Completed for Coin Upgrade|
The coins challenges include a variety of different challenges. mostly revolving around winning competitive matches on certain defuse maps, predicting the Pick’Em challenges correctly or watching the Major Tournament. All the challenges are:
- Win 10 rounds in a single competitive match on Inferno
- Win 10 rounds in a single competitive match on Mirage
- Win 10 rounds in a single competitive match on Dust II
- Win 10 rounds in a single competitive match on Overpass
- Win 10 rounds in a single competitive match on Train
- Win 10 rounds in a single competitive match on Nuke
- Win 10 rounds in a single competitive match on Vertigo
- Get five correct Pick’Em predictions for the Challengers Stage
- Watch at least one live match during the Challengers Stage
- Get five correct Pick’Em predictions for Legends Stage
- Watch at least one live match during the Legends Stage
- Place two correct Pick’Em predictions for the quarterfinals
- Place one correct Pick’Em prediction for the semifinals
- Make one correct Pick’Em prediction for the grand final
- Watch at least one live match during the Champions Stage
Souvenirs tokens can be gained by first purchasing the “Viewer Pass + 3” which gives you 3 tokens to start off with, each upgrade to your event coin (maximum of 3) will give you another token or additional tokens can be purchased in game. To redeem these, you need to inspect your Berlin 2019 event coin which comes with either of the viewer passes and selecting Match Lister. All Souvenir tokens have to be used by September 30th.
We’ve seen the Pick’Em challenge in past tournaments and with the Berlin 2019 Major it’s no different. A while back Steam removed the need to purchase stickers to do Pick’Em instead you can select from any team as soon as you buy the Viewer Pass.
For the Challenger stage, follow the instructions by picking a team that’ll be undefeated, eliminated without a win or the 7 that will advance. Each of the three stages lets you pick again, so don’t worry if you mess some up early on. Make sure that you complete this before the stage begins as it’ll lock even if you’ve not filled it out.
If you’re not up for paying to watch the Major Competition you can watch for free online at Steam.tv with everybody else.
Once you get your souvenir items if you’re looking to trade them make sure to check our our Top Trading websites for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. They let you trade your items between a big pool of other players also trading items. Leaving out the hefty 15% sale fee to sell on the Steam marketplace.